Caché Monitor is an lightweight integrated environment for accessing, configuring, managing, and administering many components of InterSystems database Caché. Caché Monitor combines tools with a smart sql editor to provide easy access for Caché developers and administrators to the database.
Caché Monitor can be used from any platform with an JAVA 7 environment (Windows, Linux, Apple Mac)
More 'how to' videos about using Caché Monitor!
- SQL History
Caché Monitor automatically saves every SQL statement executed against InterSystems Caché. These statements can be searched and recalled.
- Tools / Performance Management
Tool to analyze performance by identifying slowly executing queries
The forum contains messages from people using Caché Monitor. Join the discussion! If you have a question about Caché Monitor or how to use them, please visit the Caché Monitor Support Forum for answers and help from other users.
If you do not know InterSystems CACHÉ, here are some information about the database from InterSystems: InterSystems CACHÉ is a post-relational database that uniquely offers three integrated data access options: a robust object database, high performance SQL, and rich multidimensional access. Caché enables rapid Web application development, extraordinary transaction processing speed, massive scalability, and real-time queries against transactional data - with minimal maintenance requirements. Caché is available for Windows, OpenVMS, Mac OS X, Linux and major UNIX platforms and it is deployed on systems ranging from two to over 50,000 simultaneous users. For more details, please visit InterSystems website, you find also information about InterSystems Caché at wikipedia
If you need a SQL Query Tool for any other Database than Caché? Please read ahead. These tools are very good:
- The Universal Database Tool - DbVisualizer is a database tool useful for developers and database administrators to aid develop and maintain their databases. It is the perfect solution since the same tool can be used on all major operating systems accessing a wide range of databases.
[YES! It can also connect to Caché, like Caché Monitor ;-) ]
- Aqua Data Studio - is a database developer's complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE). The IDE provides three major areas of functionality: A) Database query and administration tool B) Suite of compare tools for databases, source control and filesystems, and C) a complete and integrated source control client for Subversion (SVN) and CVS
[Again another Java and JDBC based Query Tool. So it can also connect Caché]
- SQuirrel SQL The SQuirreL SQL client provides a simple graphical interface to relational databases. Because it is built using Java, it can access any JDBC-compliant database running on any machine, allowing remote access to multiple databases. A SQuirreL user can:
- easily view and edit data in any JDBC-compliant database,
- view the database’s meta-data,
- work with multiple databases on both local and remote machines,
- use a single, consistent interface to work with different database engines, and
- expand the tool’s capabilities and include DB-specific functionality using plugins.
You find more JAVA/JDBC based Client Tools here.